Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XTRX miniPCIe/PCIe/USB SDR crowdfunding pre-launc

From: Alexander Chemeris
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XTRX miniPCIe/PCIe/USB SDR crowdfunding pre-launch
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 07:32:22 +0300

Hello Mehtap,

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 12:29 PM, mehtap özkan <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1. Which FPGA will be used Xilinx Artix 7 25T/35T/50T ?

It'll be 35T for the campaign because that's what we've been testing with.

We've updated the pre-launch page to reflect this. Thank you for
pointing this out.

> 2. Will we be able to write and Upload our own Firmware? If yes what is the
> method of programming (JTAG, USB3 etc..)?

Yes, for sure!

You can program it with our USB3 adaptor or with a JTAG cable and our
PCIe adaptor.

If you're good in soldering you can even solder JTAG directly to the
XTRX - that's how we programmed our first samples.

> 3. What is the Utilization %, will customized code fit into the FPGA?

It's about 30% utilized. We'll share a more detailed utilization
report later because it's not uniform across different resources. E.g.
BRAM is almost completely gone, while DSP is almost unused.

> 4. Is 10 MHz reference input supproted?

Yes.

--
Regards,