[Discuss-gnuradio] Work around FPGA incompatibility (can't update device

From: Nicholas Bruce
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Work around FPGA incompatibility (can't update device)
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 21:03:41 +0000

Hi,

I've borrowed some N2xx series Ettus devices and have been explicitly asked to not update the firmware/FPGA images on the devices. When I try to use the devices from GR 3.7.11.1 I get the FPGA incompatibility error and the commands to update the devices.

Please update the firmware and FPGA images for your device.
See the application notes for USRP2/N-Series for instructions.
Expected FPGA compatibility number 11, but got 10:
The FPGA build is not compatible with the host code build.
As an Administrator, please run:

"C:\Program Files\UHD\lib\uhd\utils\uhd_images_downloader.py"
 "C:\Program Files\UHD\bin\uhd_image_loader" ^
    --args="type=usrp2,addr=192.168.10.2

Is there a workaround or way to use these devices? They were working on the owners Fedora box with UHD v3.6.2-5 and GR v3.7.11-2.

Cheers,

Nick

--
Nicholas Bruce, B.Eng