[Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio FFT Plot and UBX Maximum Input Power

From: Ali
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio FFT Plot and UBX Maximum Input Power
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 13:51:19 +0300

Hi to all,

I have an X310 USRP and a UBX-160 on it. There is also an antenna connected. I am transmistting some signal by a handheld radio and plotting the FFT plot of IQ data in GNURadio. It seems that power reaches almost 0dB. If I close too much the spectrum fluctuates, it does not look good. I think it saturates.

When the peak at FFT Plot is -10 or -20 dB, the spectrum's shape is good. But the UBX is said to have max. input power of -15dBm which -45 dB. Do I give harm to my daughterboard in this case? I am confused. It does not look that I am harming.

Best,
Ali