[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio v3.7.11.6 no attribute to byte array error

From: Brian Clark
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio v3.7.11.6 no attribute to byte array error
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 19:00:58 +0000

Good evening all,

I have recently updated my kali linux distribution using the below commands.

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade

I have a strange error that has occurred within GNU Radio where an error message as shown below appears:

self.restoreGeometry(self.settings.value("geometry").toByteArray())
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'toByteArray'

When I investigated this it appears that my gnuradio installation has updated from 3.7.11.2 to 3.7.11.6.

I have attempted, (unsuccesfully) to resolve this issue and neither my own knowledge or multiple google searches have identified the cause.  This is true on a friends of mine build aswell so may be a wider problem.

Is there something I am missing? and if so do you have any suggestions?

Kind Regards

Brian Clark