[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-companion -c is documented but not working

From: Markus Wirsing
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-companion -c is documented but not working
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 15:32:02 +0100

Hello,

I noticed that the manpage for gnuradio-companion on my ubuntu 17.10
system contains the following section:

       -c, --compile
              Only compile the GRC file without invoking the GUI.
Useful  for
              unit  testing,  running  gnuradio-companion  from a
Makefile and
              other command-line scripting.

Which seems like a very useful feature.
However, trying to actually use that option results in an error:

Usage: gnuradio-companion [options] [saved flow graphs]

gnuradio-companion: error: no such option: -c

Invoking gnuradio-companion -h also does not mention it:
  --version   show program's version number and exit
  -h, --help  show this help message and exit

Is that feature available or not?

Markus