Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic beginner flowgraph with C++ API

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic beginner flowgraph with C++ API
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 17:14:54 +0000

Hello Álvaro,

welcome to the GNU Radio community!
I think we could probably help you better why you want to do this in
C++ - most of us, including (and very much so) the long-time users and
core developers use Python to build their flow graphs, because it's
easier and has no performance downside.

Now, you're set on using C++, which is a wise (or: the only) choice in
some environments (typically: embedded devices where you don't want to
have Python), but it's usually not something that a beginner does;
especially, if the Guided Tutorials are a challenge to you.

You will find very minimal examples of how to build and run a flow
graph in qa_gr_top_block.cc in the GNU Radio source code tree under gr-
blocks/lib/ ; look for qa_top_block::t1_run().

Again, I'd advise **strongly** against using C++ flowgraph building,
unless you have a very good reason to do so – all the things we have
that reduce the entry hurdle are very much focused on Python, and you
*will* meet unforeseen obstacles.

Best regards,
Marcus