Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XML file for custom python block

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XML file for custom python block
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 13:00:01 -0800

On 02/22/2018 12:41 PM, Tellrell White wrote:
> Hello
> Out of curiosity, I created a custom block by inserting python code into
> the "Embedded python Block" from the Misc category. Is there a .xml file
> somewhere for this block or a way to easily create one. I'm trying to
> transfer the block over to a flow graph running on a a different machine.

The Python source code gets stored in the XML file that is the GRC flow
graph. I don't think there's an easy way to export it.

One suggestion would be to use gr_modtool in your OOT, generate the
skeleton for the block, and copy & paste the source code from GRC into
the new file. Not the most ergonomic, I admit.

-- M