Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] vector input/output with embedded python block

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] vector input/output with embedded python block
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 03:56:56 +0000

Hello James:

I am using the mainline GNU Radio 3.7.12, and the embedded Python block does support vector inputs (although I was not able to figure out how to change the length during the execution). Ubuntu 16.04 bundles an older version of GNU Radio, so you may want to install a custom-built GNU Radio. Upgrading the Ubuntu distribution may also work. (I know 18.04 is due very soon - I do not know what version or GNU Radio is bundled, however.)

Regards,

Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: James Jamison III <address@hidden> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2018년 4월 24일 화요일 오후 11:21:15
받는 사람: address@hidden
제목: [Discuss-gnuradio] vector input/output with embedded python block

Hi All,

I found this thread from 2016:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2016-10/msg00087.html

that discusses the issue I am having, but when I tried to reply to the
thread I got a responding email that said my email didn't go through.

The thread discusses how support for vector input / output wasn't
included in the Embedded Python Block and I was wondering if this was
something that was ever, or will ever be, added to the GRC mainline?
The thread includes a link
(https://github.com/skoslowski/gnuradio/tree/epy_vectors) from Sebastian
where he says that if you try that version it should have the added vlen
support, but I didn't build gnuradio from source on my computer, I
installed via "sudo apt install gnuradio".

Basically if I define my embedded python block to have vector input and
output in the python code...

i.e.

in_sig = [(np.complex64, 128)],

out_sig = [(np.complex64, 128)]

then I get this error:

Param - Code(_source_code):

     Invalid conversion specification

But the same code works fine in an OOT module (assuming the proper xml
code too).

Is there an extra step that I am missing when using vector input/output
and the embedded python block?  Or is this an issue other people have had?

Thanks,

Jimmy