[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USRP receiver Gain

From: Prabhat Kumar Rai
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with USRP receiver Gain
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 16:34:15 +0530

Hello,

I am receiving RSSI with USRP B210 and I have some doubt regarding that :
Also, I am attaching grc file and python file for reference.

1- I am saving my received data to a file_sink and trying to compute
power(RSSI) from that by using python code, kindly see attached python
file.
At the output, I am getting -20dB if there is no signal source and
20dB when there is a signal source (which is not possible).

2- Change in gain in USRP_SOURCE block leads to change in the output
value so I am using maximum as 120 dB. Is that possible or any gain is
fine?

Is there any error in python code or in grc file?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Prabhat