[Discuss-gnuradio] QPSK Synchro

From: samuel verdon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] QPSK Synchro
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 16:53:27 +0200

Hello,

I am blocked with a QPSK problem that I would like to share, and maybe you will find my mistake.

I have build a QPSK transciever based the gnuradio tutorial for a project. The Tx part is not done by myself modulation is already made, I just have to emit the signal. Here is the spec :

Bitrate : 2Mbps

Sym rate : 1 Mbps

Symbol Oversampling ratio: 9

Hardware: USRP b200mini

The data send are two symbol, exactly 0x22 or 00 10 00 10 repeatly

The reception use a LimeSDR. This part receive de signal but I can clearly see the the lock on is not working. I post some image of my flograph:

Flowgraph: https://ibb.co/fJQxSo

Data sent: https://ibb.co/mLJvDT

Data received: https://ibb.co/dLNcSo

My questions are:

  • How can I correctly lock the rotation? Playing with the “loop bandwidth does not really affect it”.
  • I feel like my sample rate are wrong, when I see the “received data”, it is like the point moving constantly on the circle of the phase and then shift the signal slowly and at the end I lost the good lock of my constellation. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance and it needs more explaination, let me know I will post it.

Cheers

Sam