Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] Spectrum analyzer not picking up any

From: Derek Kozel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] Spectrum analyzer not picking up any signal from USRP-GNU Radio
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:13:02 +0100

Hello Ayaz,

UHD will log to standard out by default. You should be seeing it in the console section of the GNU Radio Companion, at the bottom.

Multiplying by 500 will almost certainly lead to the signal clipping at the DAC, completely corrupting your signal. The USRP Sink block expects values between -1.0 and 1.0. The sample rate of 32kHz is very low. It should work, but the general guidance is to use a somewhat higher rate as this helps lessen the impact of the FPGA's filters on your passband signal.

Have you observed any signal from the USRP on your spectrum analyzer? Starting with uhd_siggen_gui and making sure your spectrum analyzer is setup correctly may be the best place to start, then your own GNU Radio flowgraph with just the signal source going into the USRP Sink, then add the OFDM modulation once all the rest is working.

Regards,
Derek