Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Digital Modulation - Loopeback Constellation

From: Luis Felipe Albarracin Sanchez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Digital Modulation - Loopeback Constellation
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:09:28 +0200

Hello Marcus, and all,

Thanks for the response,

I am reading the PSK example you told me, nevertheless y am not so sure it applies also for 16QAM...i understand that Costas Loop, does not work with 16 QAM.

Is there any flowgrpah for a complete 16QAM modulator/demodulator?

Kind regards.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 12:46 PM, Müller, Marcus (CEL) <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Luis,
On Thu, 2018-06-14 at 12:29 +0200, Luis Felipe Albarracin Sanchez
wrote:
> Hello Marcus,
>
> Thanks for the response,
>
> I am not using an attenuator, because i font have one , i am only with my cable, but i have meassured the Power before connecting to the RX in my USRP, so it wont be bigger than the threshold of the USRP.

That's a dangerous game – you rely on never inadvertedly setting a high
RX or TX gain.

> Thanks for the info, is there any guide where i can look all of the blocks for Sync, phase tracking and shape filtering  implemented in a loopback for 16QAM and other digital modulations (Flowgraphs examples)?

https://tutorials.gnuradio.org has a PSK example if you read from
chapter 1 to 7 :)

Best regards,
Marcus