[Discuss-gnuradio] latency to detect sync marker with "correlator block"

From: samuel verdon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] latency to detect sync marker with "correlator block"
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 17:16:24 +0200

Hi everyone,

I am builing a bpsk receiver, I can receive my signal, demodulate it, find the marker of my packet (0x1acffc1d) and read it.

Everything looks fine excpet when I try to find the marker of the packet. I have a delay that I don’t anderstand. I send a message every second and because of this delay, after some message a could have more thant 5 seconds delay at the reception of my data.

To detect de sync marker I use the hierachical block from Daniel Estevez ( thanks to him) found in gr-satellites.

Using the control port performance, I see that the block « correlate acces code -tag » uses a lot of time.

I don’t anderstand why this block slow down the all system. Is it because of the tag ?

Or someone has another solution/workaround to remove this latency ?

Thank you in advance,

Sam