Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Enable/Disable TX ports in B210 in 2x2 setup

From: Ayaz Mahmud
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Enable/Disable TX ports in B210 in 2x2 setup
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 03:31:39 +0000

Hi Marcus,

I am still trying to implement the idea of multiplying with vector source to toggle 0/1 before outputting to the USRP. This thing does work, but some error occurs in some packets:

gr::log :INFO: packet_headerparser_b0 - Detected an invalid packet at item 4416

gr::log :INFO: header_payload_demux0 - Parser returned #f

I am using the OFDM_tx /rx example blocks (just replacing with USRPs). The packet length is 960 bytes just before sending to the USRP. Therefore I am multiplying this signal with a vector source of (960 1’s and 960 0’s) so that it exactly takes this amount of time to pass/drop the packet on each USRP i/p port. Though I can receive packet at receiver but in almost 50% of the packets has the above mentioned error.

I am also trying to test the same scenario without using USRPs (Virtual sink/source). And here I found something interesting. The transmission & reception of packets works perfectly up to 20 sec but after that it starts throwing error for 4 sec. This happens every 30 sec. (Here I have used a sample rate of 64K, and varying this varies the time of error).

I am really having tough time to figure this out. If you could kindly help me on this:

  1. Is the above error caused for some time synchronization issue?
  2. Am I multiplying with correct vector (960 1s and 960 0’s)? If I multiple with only 1 & 0 it throws the same error ( what I think packet is not received correctly in this manner).
  3. In your previous reply you said “I'd probably have a couple of vector sources of alternating 1s and 0s, interpolate them up to the desired sample rate X the switching interval, and multiply the stream going into the USRP by that stream of 1s and 0s”. What did you mean by interpolating up to desired sample rate?

Thanks,

Ayaz