Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LTE signal generation on GNURadio

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LTE signal generation on GNURadio
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 22:07:53 +0000

Well, LTE is an immensely multi-versioned, complex standard. But if you
just want to generate tran smit signals based on transmit frame data
that you already have, then have a look at gr-lte (search for "lte" on
cgran.org); it's a downlink receiver, and as such an excellent guide on
how to implement a transmitter. Especially the presentations and the
unit test should be your primary source of practical implementation
knowledge.

A word of general advice: as LTE is a full, gigantic, standard, before
even starting, make yourself very familiar with the layers you want to
deal with, then set a very conservative scope on what you want to
implement within a finite time. It'll be easier to assess what you can
do after you've done that; if you start with wanting to implement
"everything" at once, you'll inevitably run into an unmanageable amount
of individual tasks.

Best regards,
Marcus