Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error compiling gr-ieee802.11

From: Dmitriy Tochansky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error compiling gr-ieee802.11
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 18:26:54 +0300

Hi Andreas!

You need to build gr-foo against maint-3.7 branch of gnuradio.
There is no 'delete_head_blocking' in master branch.
That did the trick. I’m seeing a couple branches (“maint”,
“maint-3.7”, “master”, etc.). Are there descriptions of the different
branches that I missed in my web searches?
As described at https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Development#Development_Style , gnuradio use workflow described here https://schacon.github.io/git/gitworkflows.html
I think it's a typical approach for development.

Here is a link to patch https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/commit/5197311dd22744b784ff9ae2cd965a26ef04f4a4
Thanks—will this let gr-ieee802.11 compile against the master branch?
No, it's a commit that remove 'delete_head_blocking' from api.
To build gr-ieee802.11 you need to use 'maint-3.7' branch of gnuradio and 'master' for gr-foo and gr-ieee802.11. If you need exactly gnuradio 'master' branch for your project, I think you have to do some patches to gr-foo at least.