Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Evaluating PlutoSDR with DVB-T example dvbt_rx_8k

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Evaluating PlutoSDR with DVB-T example dvbt_rx_8k
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 19:01:00 -0500

On 11/13/2018 06:06 PM, Ron Economos wrote:

I believe the sample rate of 8 MHz DVB-T is beyond the capability of the Pluto. The required sample rate is 9.14 Msps, which exceeds the throughput of USB 2.0.

Ron

Actually USB2.0 should be just fine up to about 10Msps with 16-bit I 16-bit Q.   But the PlutoSDR, as shipped, cannot keep up with that.

There are some "tricks" including turning on the 2nd CPU core, and also running a completely-different system image that bypasses all
  the IIO stuff, but gives you better RX-only performance.