Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to build on ubuntu-16.04

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to build on ubuntu-16.04
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 11:44:54 +0000

Hi Thee,

I'd strongly recommend not building a GNU Radio version from 4.5 years
ago on an operating system from 2.5 years ago.

Generally, if in doubt, simply use the GNU Radio binary package that a
current distro ships (i.e. on Ubuntu 18.10, that'd be GNU Radio
3.7.13.4).

We've changed preciously little API between 3.7.0 and 3.7.13.4, so it's
likely that whatever you're trying to do will work with 3.7.13.4. If it
doesn't work, chances are *forward* porting whatever doesn't work to
work on a modern system is easier and cleverer than backwards-porting
current systems to an old version of GNU Radio.

Best regards,
Marcus