Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] moving_average_ff

From: IEH
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] moving_average_ff
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 17:24:54 +0000

Hi Wolfgang,
that's what Changelogs are for (if git log isn't optimal):

https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/maint-3.7/CHANGELOG.md

So, either you just go and re-implement that functionality in an out-
of-tree module (make an OOT, add a block of the right interface, copy
and paste the original code and replace references to gr-blocks by your
OOT namespace), OR, and that's what I recommend:

update to a moderner version of Ubuntu. The feature was introduced in
GNU Radio 3.7.12.0, and Ubuntu 18.10 ships 3.7.13.4. Ubuntu's LTS
support isn't actually that great, and you typically want to keep your
Ubuntu updated once a year, in my very personal opinion (which I don't
want to force onto you; I just think that running an update is probably
the quickest way forward).

Best regards,
Marcus