[Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC: Introduction and GNU Radio Project discussion

From: Anirban Banik
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC: Introduction and GNU Radio Project discussion
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 14:17:33 +0530

Hello everyone,

I am Anirban Banik, a Junior Undergraduate student at National Institute of Technology Durgapur, West Bengal, India. I am studying in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering. I am very interested to contribute to this organization as a part of GSoC 2019.

Having been taught Digital Signal Processing recently as a part of our course curriculum, I was particularly interested to work on a practical approach towards DSP and it's applications. Unfortunately I did not have any experience developing with the GRC up to now, though I have started with the tutorials for GNU Radio and am exploring the GRC. Being new here, I will be obliged if someone guides me on how to start contributing.

I have some experience contributing to open source projects, primarily in Python, and have been a Google Summer of Code 2018 participant under Beagleboard.org, during which I developed Voice Interfaced games using Pygame and CMUSphinx, and deployed the project on Pocket Beagle. My GitHub username is AnirbanBanik1998.

I have gone through the various project ideas on the GSoC ideas page and am interested in the Filter Design Tool Enhancements and GRC: Build-in sub flowgraphs projects. I would like to discuss about the various possibilities of the projects with the mentors, and any specific areas where I have to gain knowledge in order to contribute to the projects.

Thanks and Regards,
Anirban Banik