[Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink Output Format

From: William Gayde
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink Output Format
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 11:47:49 -0600

Hello,

The default output format for the Audio Sink block is S32_LE. Is it possible to reconfigure this to output S16_LE instead? I'm using the snd_aloop module in Ubuntu to forward the audio output form GR to an external decoder program. The decoder only supports 16-bit audio samples though.

I enabled verbose logging of the audio device and got the following output:

PCM name: hw:10,0,2
Access types:
    MMAP_INTERLEAVED     YES
    MMAP_NONINTERLEAVED  NO
    MMAP_COMPLEX         NO
    RW_INTERLEAVED       YES
    RW_NONINTERLEAVED    NO
Formats:
    S16_LE               YES
    S16_BE               YES
    S32_LE               YES
    S32_BE               YES
    FLOAT_LE             YES
    FLOAT_BE             YES
Number of channels
    min channels: 1
    max channels: 32
    1 channels    YES
    2 channels    YES
    3 channels    YES
    4 channels    YES
    5 channels    YES
    6 channels    YES
    7 channels    YES
    8 channels    YES
    9 channels    YES
    10 channels    YES
    11 channels    YES
    12 channels    YES
    13 channels    YES
    14 channels    YES
    15 channels    YES
    16 channels    YES
Sample Rates:
    min rate:    8000 (dir = 0)
    max rate:  192000 (dir = 0)
      8000  YES
     16000  YES
     22050  YES
     32000  YES
     44100  YES
     48000  YES
     96000  YES
    192000  YES
audio_alsa_sink[hw:10,0,2]: using S32_LE

Is there some setting that I can use to change GR from S32_LE to S16_LE?

Thanks!
William Gayde