Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Introduction for GSoC participation

From: Nicolas Cuervo Benavides
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Introduction for GSoC participation
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 22:59:34 +0100

Hi Arpit!

allow me to give you this time a warm welcome to the mailing list and to the GSoC application process! I'm very glad to see the enthusiasm you've been putting the last few weeks into your preparation and the project.

I can also see that you've taken the right idea from the comments from Marcus, who has cleared some of your questions from the last email, I believe. I second his thought on not needing to reinvent the wheel regarding the parsing tool base, and I see that you also are reading already about Clang for this purpose. In this regard, it might not hurt if you go and check what else is being used out there for this purpose. Sure, Clang is solid and widely used, but there is also the chance that there is a tool in the rising that is worth checking out. Clearly, such an evaluation of tools would also be helpful for the proposal that you are planning to write, needless to say to the development of the project if it comes to that. We can continue discussing these topics before going straight to the development of the project, as we'd like to have the right foundations in order to have the right result that will be useful for most (if not all!) of the project users and developers.

Keeping solving issues and checking the code is a fantastic way of getting familiarized with the code base and to contribute, and we do really appreciate each and every contribution. So cheers for that and keep up the great work!

-Nico