Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using GNU Radio on the Raspberry Pi (was:(no subj

From: Glen I Langston
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using GNU Radio on the Raspberry Pi (was:(no subject))
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 18:47:17 -0500

Hello

We’re using several Raspberry Pi 3B + computers mounted inside weather proof
boxes with amplifiers
to run Radio Telescopes.   The Pi 3B+ can almost keep up with 6 MHz bandwidth
(12 MHz samples).
An odroid XU4 can keep up with all samples at 6 MHz bandwidth.

We’ve the PI3B+with The RTLSDR (3MHz) dongle, Airspy Mini (6 MHz) and the
PlutoSdr 4 to 50 MHz.  The maximum sustained data rate with the PlutoSdr
is a little over 4 MHz Bandwidth, without significant data loss.

We like the Power over Ethernet feature of the 3B+ and increase cpu speed
compared to the Pi 3 A+.

These are running the full Ubuntu 18.04 pretty well.

The code we’re running is available on GitHub:

git clone http://www.github.com/WVURAIL/gr-radio_astro

Best regards

Glen