[Discuss-gnuradio] Strange "UUUU" pattern

From: Chesir, Aaron M.
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Strange "UUUU" pattern
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 14:20:54 +0000

Folks,

I have a simple QPSK modulator feeding its output into the input of my USRP transmitter. I notice two oddities:

  1. The status window at the bottom produces a sequence of “U” characters until I stop the run, and
  2. The receiver does not detect any presence of any signal (I have a receive process on another computer feeding the output of the RTL SDR to an FFT, and is attached to this email)

When I replace the QPSK modulator at my transmitter with a simple cosine generator, the receiver shows the presence of the signal with no problem, and I don’t see those strange “U” characters at the source GRC process.

Can someone offer suggestions at what I should fix?

Thanks,

Aaron