Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI Range response (GNU radio companion)

From: Derek Kozel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI Range response (GNU radio companion)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 10:56:29 +0100

Hi Jan,

You've found the right place to ask. The IRC/Slack channel is also a good resource for talking to people.

Usually when delays are that long it's a sample rate issue. The underlying cause is that each block has some buffers so there's always a latency from input to output of sample period * total buffer length. At tens of megasamples per second that's not very much delay, but at lower rates, such as the audio rate you're probably using, that can be appreciable fractions of a second. You're describing multiple seconds which usually means there's a sample rate mismatch that's causing buffers to completely fill and back pressure the entire flowgraph. Do you notice the delay increasing over time?

That's about as far and specific as we can guess without seeing your flowgraph. Can you post your GRC file here for us to take a look at? That's the best although there's also a screenshot feature in the GRC menu. If you want to post a screenshot please host it somewhere else (like imgur) and link to it to keep the email size small.

Cheers,
Derek
MW0LNA