Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building an OOT from the Tutorial

From: P C
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building an OOT from the Tutorial
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 15:15:57 -0500

Marcus,

There is a distinct possibility I have mucked up the installation.  I started with the most straightforward steps.  I am using a Raspberry Pi with their GUI that looks like a Windows type GUI.  It has a Add/Remove software option and will search for any items I want. I am pretty sure it uses apt.

It found GNURadio and a whole host of blocks.  I installed and no osmocom blocks were available.  I have the cheapy dongle.  So I went back to Add/Remove software and saw further down, GNURadio blocks from the OsmoSDR project.  I installed and now I had the block I needed.  Unfortunately that gave me all kinds of segment faults and other Python errors.

So I searched for other ways to install GNURadio and tried those. In all likelihood  I have remnants of those other attempts laying all over my SD card.

BUT---IN THIS CASE Kyeong Su Shin gets the blue ribbon.  I was including the prompt in the command.  I have been banging my head against GNURadio so much I think I'm loosing it.  I am now past that step and will get back to the rest soon.

Note, if that OutOfTreeModules is obsolete I tried the tutorials but they seem to be down right now.
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Guided_Tutorial_GRC
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Tutorials
and
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Guided_Tutorial_GNU_Radio_in_Python