Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problems installing BOOST

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problems installing BOOST
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 09:30:01 +0000

Hi Aaron,

considering this is a problem while bulding UHD, I'd argue that this
isn't really a question for the GNU Radio mailing list – more likely
for the UHD mailing list.

However, knowing CentOS 7, I know that just "yum install gnuradio"
gives you GNU Radio 3.7.11 (which is a bit dusty, indeed, but not too
bad) and UHD 3.10.1.0, which is more than sufficient to use a B210.

By the way, building a newer UHD from source means that you'll have to
uninstall gnuradio, uhd as installed through yum, and also build
gnuradio from source. Not an ideal start you're off to!

So, I'd really go with "solve the original issue rather than trying to
build UHD from source". So, original problem is almost certainly that
you don't have access to the USB device: if "sudo uhd_usrp_probe" finds
the USRP with the "native" CentOS UHD, then that's exactly the case.

Best regards,
Marcus