Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with OFDM_tx OFDM_rx

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with OFDM_tx OFDM_rx
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 11:14:11 -0400

Hi farid mihoub - The GR-provided digital OFDM Tx -> Rx is prone to packet losses as any real wireless system will be, but especially in the first packet Tx'd for whatever reason. This OFDM is unsynchronized, so the Rx is continually searching for the OFDM preambles, which with more noise becomes less likely to correctly detect; as the environment gets noisier, more packets will be lost. Also, no FEC is used to protect the packet data, though a least CRC is used to verify the whole Rx packet's integrity. Hope this is useful! - MLD