[Discuss-gnuradio] 802.11a capture with HackRF - Why am I not receiving

From: Eamon Heaney
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 802.11a capture with HackRF - Why am I not receiving signals anymore?
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 15:10:22 -0400

Last week, I was able to capture wifi packets in the 2.4 GHz band (using a modified example from this repo), but now I am unable to. I'm using the same .grc flowchart, with the sample rate and bandwidth both set to 20 MHz, and the channel frequency of 2.412 GHz.

Any idea why that might be? I was previously only able to receive signals with my phone right next to the HackRF antenna, but now even that won't help. I tried putting it right next to my router, too, but it still isn't getting anything.

Thanks!

--
Eamon Heaney
Fleet Commander