Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to define maximum number of samples in in Syn

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to define maximum number of samples in in Sync_Short used in IEEE802.11
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 15:52:35 +0200

Hi,

the sync short blocks doesn't know how long the frame is. It just
recognized that there is one. Since it doesn't know the length, it
forwards samples corresponding to a "large" frame into the flow graph.
If the frame is shorter, needless samples are dropped at a later stage.

IIRC, the actual maximum frame size allowed by the standard is above
2000 byte. I set max samples so that a 1500 byte BPSK1/2 frame can still
be decoded, i.e., such a frame should have around 540 OFDM symbols with
80 samples each.

Best,
Bastian