[Discuss-gnuradio] DTMF (Touch Tone) encoder

From: Chris Gorman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DTMF (Touch Tone) encoder
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 15:20:02 -0400

Hello All,

I have looked around and I can't seem to find a touch tone encoder for
gnuradio.  The beginner tutorial adding two sin waves to create a dial
tone made me want to play with dial tone, busy tone, and phone number
key presses, etc.  All the frequencies are available on wikipedia, but
I have not been able to put the logic together in gnuradio.  I am
looking at a simple 16 button keypad, that when a key is pressed it
adds the two sin waves together.  I have made a hack that I am
attaching to this email where I can select two radio buttons and make
a tone that way.

I was wondering if anyone had some pointers on how to change the
current design to a keypad based one with say QT GUI Push Button
instead of the QT GUI Chooser radio button one I have.  This project
has no practical application other than to entertain me and to teach
me gnuradio, so don't stop important work to respond to this.  (Unless
you want to ;)

Thanks to all the developers for their work in making such an
interesting piece of software.

Chris