[Discuss-gnuradio] to control CORDIC module to synchronize in USRP throu

From: Simona Sibio
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] to control CORDIC module to synchronize in USRP through GNU Radio
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 11:25:14 +0100

Hi all,

I am working with GNU Radio 3.7.13.4, two N200 USRPs and a X310.
I would like to control the CORDIC module because I wuold like to synchronize the phase in USRPs.
I found the following commands for UHD for receiver and for transmitter:

stream_cmd.num_samps = samps_to_recv;
stream_cmd.stream_now = false;
stream_cmd.time_spec = time_to_recv;
usrp->issue_stream_cmd(stream_cmd);
md.start_of_burst = true;
md.end_of_burst = false;
md.has_time_spec = true;
md.time_spec = time_to_send;
//send a single packet
size_t num_tx_samps = tx_streamer->send(buffs, samps_to_send, md);

But I have two problems:
1) I don't know how I can use this commands. Can I send this commands directly in the terminal or can I use some setting in UHD:USRP Source and UHD:USRP Sink?
2) I read that I can do the synchronization only with X-series, I cannot do the synchronization in phase with the N-series because there is the FPGA Spartan 6, doesn't it? Or is there some other problem?

Thank you for every help.
Best Regards,

Simona