Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Maximum input items consumed on each input stream

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Maximum input items consumed on each input stream
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 14:02:32 +0000

Hi Ron,

just because I think this might be interesting to people dealing with
really high rates:
The maximum size is typically limited by the size of mmap'able memory
that you can allocate; that depends on the circular buffer factory
used:
For the posix shared memory thing, I don't think anything is stopping
you from using "memory space size" order amounts of buffer.
For anonymous file-backed mmap'ed buffers, I'd expect that we haven't
addressed the possibility of using more than 32 bit addresses, so
somewhere around 2 GB you'd find your upper limit.

Best regards,
Marcus