Re: Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 206, Issue 5

From: Lukas Haase
Subject: Re: Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 206, Issue 5
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 20:54:57 +0100

Hi Andy,

On 2019-12-06 14:28, Andy Walls wrote:
> [...]
>
> The M&M clock recovery block is obsolete.  Use the Symbol Synchronizer
> block instead, if you must use the M&M TED.

Thank you.

You do not mean "Polyphase Clock Sync" but "Symbol Synchronizer"? Is this part
of the standard blocks in GRC?
Because in my 3.7.11 versions (current Ubuntu) I do not find it.

I do not must use the M&M TED.

All I need to do is asynchronously detect a stream of bits like this:
https://paste.pics/a48ec4aef5ddeeef74e96255d72288b3

Maybe there is a better way to do this?
Important key figure is fast settling/lock time because I cannot afford loosing
bits (one burst is only 100 or so bits long).

> [...]
>> Is there anything I am doing wrong?
>
> You may want to read this presentation:
> https://www.gnuradio.org/grcon/grcon17/presentations/symbol_clock_recovery_and_improved_symbol_synchronization_blocks/Andy-Walls-Samples-to-Digital-Symbols.pdf