Re: [analogdevicesinc/libad9361-iio] LIBIIO_INCLUDEDIR error installing

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [analogdevicesinc/libad9361-iio] LIBIIO_INCLUDEDIR error installing from source. (#51)
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2019 15:20:54 -0500

On 12/07/2019 03:13 PM, Glen Langston wrote:
Hi Travis,

I've repeatedly installed libiio and libad9361-iio , etc through gr-iio

but I never seem to get any speed up in data transfer. The maximum data rate that I can get without
dropping samples is 3.2 MHz.

I'm installing from source, via git clone etc.

One question, which library upgrade is the most likely to improve the pluto SDR data transfer rate
Ie libad9361-iio ?

I'm doing all this within gnuradio 3.7.13.4 as I've still not gotten all of 3.8 working on a raspberry pi.

Thanks
Glen

I'll note that Hoernchen has had a custom set of Pluto firmware that allows use of Pluto in RX-only mode with gr-osmosdr for quite some time:

https://github.com/Hoernchen/plutosdr-fw

This has pushed the sample rate up considerably, and avoids IIO entirely. Your mileage may vary, etc, etc.