gr-iqbal, gr-fosphor, gr-osmosdr updated to Gnuradio 3.8

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: gr-iqbal, gr-fosphor, gr-osmosdr updated to Gnuradio 3.8
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2019 21:31:14 +0100

Hi,

I have just pushed updates to various osmocom repositories, updating
them to run on gnuradio 3.8.

Here's the status per project :

* gr-iqbal :
   - Old gnuradio 3.7 version been forked into a 'gr3.7' branch and
will remain there. It won't be maintained and will most likely never
receive any further updates.
   - 'master' now contains the gnuradio 3.8 compatible code and the
latest version has also been tagged.

* gr-fopshor :
   - The gnuradio 3.7 version actually got updated a bit with some new
functionality, then moved over to also a 'gr3.7'. Again, I won't
backport future features to it so I don't really expect any further
updates.
   - Because I know some distribution still maintain a gnuradio 3.7
package but removed Qt4 (and so ported gnuradio to Qt5), I also
created a 'gr3.7-qt5' branch that's designed to work with gnuradio 3.7
but using Qt5 instead of Qt4.
   - Finally, 'master' contains the gnuradio 3.8 compatible code. ATM
there is no functional (as in 'fosphor features') differences with the
two others, it's just Qt5 support and Makefile changes.
   - A couple of the interesting new features that have been added :
     . Fixes the long standing bug of NVidia CL/GL sharing not working
(thanks Aaron Giles for figuring out root cause)
     . Memory leak fix (thanks Emil Berg for reporting)
     . Improved CL device compatibility check before trying to use
them (thanks to Ethan Trewhitt)
     . Allow explicit selection of the CL device via FOSPHOR_CL_DEV
env var if you have several CL platform/devices.

* gr-osmosdr :
    - 'master' is still 3.7 version, same code as before but has been
tagged and a 'gr3.7' branch has been created in anticipation that
master will become 3.8
    - An experimental 'gr3.8' branch has been added that contains an
upgrade to Gnuradio 3.8 (based off the work from Mickey Vänskä and
Maitland Bottoms).
      . I tested it with UHD / Blade RF / Hack RF which are all the
devices I have available.
      . It also adds support for the Airspy HF courtesy of Alexandru Csete
      . Still feel free to use it as base for packaging and report any
additional patch you have to apply for the build.
      . Once I have enough success report, this will land in master.
      . Currently the utilities in apps _have_not_ been ported to 3.8
(especially GUI changed to Qt5) ... if anyone wants to do that and
send me a diff, that would be _very_ welcome and I'll include that in
this branch.

Cheers,

     Sylvain Munaut

PS: bcc'd package maintainer I thought of.