How to use SDR Hardware in GNURadio 3.8

From: Christophe Seguinot
Subject: How to use SDR Hardware in GNURadio 3.8
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 18:14:55 +0100

Hi

I spent a lot of time before succeeding in connecting my RTL-SDR dongle and my LimeSDR Mini under gnuradio 3.8. This has generated some mails on this list. It's worst saying that the information is spreaded and not easy to find.

At present, most packages are compatible with GNURadio 3.7, some sources are being ported, and partly compatible with GNURadio 3.8. Moreover, many sources can be found on different repo and its hard to choose the right source to build.

It seems that some users tested G3.7, then switch to 3.8, then came back to 3.7 because they were not able to use SDR hardware.

In order to promote GNURadio, may be we have to help future users.

What about a tutorial explaining how to install or build from source these SDR hardware? ( Of course, I can contribute)

Regards, Christophe