Wire shark output question

From: sampath ranga
Subject: Wire shark output question
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 16:05:33 -0600

Dear all,

   I am currently working on IEEE802.15.4 protocol with GNU Radio and different SDR. I am using Dr. Basti's code for testing. Its successful. But i am having few questions to ask. I see two connections to Wireshark from PHY layer "rxout" pin and also from pdu out of MAC layer. When i disable PHY Layer wire that goes to wireshark, i am still receiving the packets in wireshark like usual. But if i disable pdu out to wireshark wire , i am not receiving the packets. pdu output pin is from app in from Rime. So the output going from the pdu out to wireshark is before modulation ?isn't it? or is the packet from pdu out to wireshark is after modulation and demodulation from pdu in? why is the packets still receiving on wireshark if i disable the wire that runs from rxout of PHY Layer to wireshark. Please let me know if i need to ask the question in more clear way. Looking forward for someone's help to clear this doubt

Thanks and regards,
Ranganathan Sampathkumar