Re: BladeRF 2 in GRC3.8

From: Jerom Maas - LR
Subject: Re: BladeRF 2 in GRC3.8
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 15:01:04 +0000

Hello Marcus,

thank you for the quick response. I've also ran

$ sudo apt install gnuradio-dev cmake swig.

After this, I checked the gnuradio version that I have, it is 3.8.1.0 - I assume that is up to date.

With the new install line, I've ran the complete setup again, but the situation is unchanged: the error is still 'ModuleNotFound: No module named 'osmosdr'.

It is strange how

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bladerf/bladerf

fails for you. For me the line works fine, and I'm far from being an Ubuntu expert...

I can try to do a reinstall but without the bladerf PPA - but since I am using a bladerf as hardware, that wouldn't really solve the problem, because then I can't control the hardware (I believe that's what it does). Or do you think I can solve that in another way?

I am using Ubuntu 18.04.

Again, thanks for your help, it's really welcome.

Jerom Maas