Implementation of DPD in GNU Radio

From: Gopikrishnan K
Subject: Implementation of DPD in GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:50:53 +0530

Hello Community!

I'm Gopikrishnan K, a third-year undergraduate student pursuing my Bachelor's in Electronics and Communications Engineering, at Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore, and I am interested in working in the project titled "Digital Pre-Distortion", possibly under Mr. David Kozel's mentorship.

I have had two courses on Signal Processing and two separate courses on Communication Systems, as a part of my curriculum, and have used GNU Radio across the two laboratory courses that I've had on Communication Systems, and am pretty confident of its functions and operations.
I have also learned about amplifier linearization techniques such as feedforward, feedback and the pre-distortion methods(digital and analog) in my Controls Systems and Circuits courses, and would really love to implement what I've learned in class.

Coming to my programming experience, I have been into competitive coding using C++14 since my first year and have also developed applications and neural networks using python, and I am sure I will be able to live up to the expectations of the mentors while working on this project.

I've started working on my proposal and will soon submit a draft of the same here, so that the necessary changes can be suggested by the community.

Looking forward to an awesome summer,
Gopikrishnan K
address@hidden