Re: Change Variable value from an python block or module?

From: CEL
Subject: Re: Change Variable value from an python block or module?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 15:05:35 +0000

Yes, but no!

So, GRC Variables are really a GRC concept, and you'd need to break
multiple layers of encapsulation from within a Python block just to
alter them. Really, that's possible with a simple callback function,
but please don't.

Instead, the appropriate way of dealing with this would be giving the
signal source a message port, on which it accepts new values via
message.

Then, from your Python or C++ block, just send a message.

Best regards,
Marcus