Compensating for sample delay in one audio source channel

From: Phil Frost
Subject: Compensating for sample delay in one audio source channel
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 08:40:50 -0700

I have an audio interface (behringer UCA222) which, for whatever reason, has a 1 sample delay in one of the input channels. Consequently, the two input channels have unequal phase across the entire bandwidth. I'd like to compensate for that.

I measured the delay with this flow graph:

image.png

Initially the delay was set to 0. I have a Y cable hooked up to the audio interface so the same square wave is fed back in to both inputs. Then I compare the phase of the inputs in the time sink. From this I see the 2nd channel needs to be delayed by 1 sample to correct the error.

I thought the delay block would correct this, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to do anything. The time sink shows the two channels from the audio source with the same 1 sample difference in phase no matter how I set the delay block.

Is there some other way I should go about this?