Re: Suggestion of some basic documents on GNU Radio modulation for baseb

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: Suggestion of some basic documents on GNU Radio modulation for baseband signal generation.
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 19:14:49 +0000

Khalil,

Here are some concepts you need to understand the capabilities of GNU Radio:
-  Complex Numbers, Negative Frequency
-  Digital signal processing
-  Frequency/Phase/Timing Offsets
-  Sampling rates / sampling theorem

1) Study the https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/SuggestedReading topics on modulation and SDR.

2) If you have worked through the QPSK tutorial https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Guided_Tutorial_PSK_Demodulation, study each block in the flowgraph to determine what it does. https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Category:Block_Docs has documentation on every GR block.

3) If you have a specific / detailed question on an item, help can be found in a number of places, such as:
-  the search box in https://wiki.gnuradio.org/
-  search engines such as Google
-  search the https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio

Enjoy learning about SDR and GNU Radio!