Re: Conversion of .dat file to a readable data using GNU octave

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: Conversion of .dat file to a readable data using GNU octave
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 14:48:32 +0000

Hello Akinyele:

It really depends on what you are saving, and how you are saving the data (.dat is a generic suffix for data binary files, and does not really tell much about the actual format).

If you are saving complex I-Q numbers using a "File Sink", and if the metadata feature is turned off, then see: https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/FAQ#What_is_the_file_format_of_a_file_sink.3F_How_can_I_read_files_produced_by_a_file_sink.3F , and https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/tree/master/gr-utils/octave .

If that is not the case, please provide us more details about your "sink".

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: AKINYELE ITAMAKINDE <address@hidden> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2020년 4월 15일 수요일 오후 11:26
받는 사람: address@hidden <address@hidden>
제목: Conversion of .dat file to a readable data using GNU octave

I am working on channel sounding using USRP and GNU radio platforms. I am experiencing difficulty in converting the .dat file of sink file at receiver of flow graph into readable data using GNU octave. Can somebody help me to achieve this? Thanks