Re: [USRP-users] GPIO setup via gnuradio

From: Rob Kossler
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] GPIO setup via gnuradio
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 13:36:03 -0400

The following link (GR documentation) shows some UHD GPIO functionality.
https://www.gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1uhd_1_1usrp__block.html

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 10:27 AM Michael Dickens via USRP-users <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ivan - I'm assuming you mean configure and control a USRP's GPIO via UHD in GNU Radio?

In theory this should be possible, at least in C++ and of course it requires that the specific USRP have GPIO ...

I'm not sure if there's a Python GPIO API as of UHD 3.15, but if there is then that method should work about the same as the C++ method.

You'd have to get access to the instantiated USRP object, then you can use that object to issue GPIO related calls. See these pages for more info about GPIO in UHD:

I can't think of a current GNU Radio block that handles UHD USRP GPIO. If you look around & can't find one, then you'd need to create a custom GNU Radio block to handle this. You would pass your new block the USRP object, which you'd then use for the GPIO calls ... using Python or C++ depending on which API is available for your specific UHD.

Maybe there's another way that I don't know of? If so hopefully others will add to the discussion!

Hope this is useful! - MLD