Re: How to add fec in GMSK

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: How to add fec in GMSK
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 15:23:13 +0000

Hello Quenten:

You may want to look at some example codes at https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/tree/maint-3.7/gr-fec/examples  (from maint-3.7 branch since you are apparently using GR3.7).

Please note that most error correction codes require frame synchronization (at least on real-world situations).

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: Quenten . <address@hidden> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2020년 4월 27일 월요일 오후 10:31
받는 사람: address@hidden <address@hidden>
제목: How to add fec in GMSK

Hello all,

I have previous posted a question concerning frame drops in GNU radio when using GMSK. (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2020-04/msg00148.html)
On this mail someone answered that I should use OFMD (what I normally should consider because this is better), but my prof told me to focus on GMSK and also told me to include FEC. I know with one I should use, it is either the FEC en-/decoder or the Extended FEC en-/decode, because I shall stream data cte.
So my question is how do you include this because I have tried but didn't succeed.
In the file attached you will find the grc with the FEC en-/decoder. Help would be appreciated.

Best regards,