Virtual GNU Radio Conference 2020 - Call for Participation

From: Michelle Thompson
Subject: Virtual GNU Radio Conference 2020 - Call for Participation
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 13:49:19 -0700

Virtual GRCon20 - Call for Participation

Greetings! I'm the chair of GNU Radio Conference 2020, starting 14 September 2020. This will be a fun, accessible, and exciting experience. All participants will be welcomed and supported.

We have your back!

What do we need in order to succeed? GNU Radio content.

Submit your work for presentation at https://www.gnuradio.org/grcon/grcon20/submit/

We are looking for papers, presentations, posters, workshops, and lightning talks.

Don't have time or energy for a complete submission? Don't let that stop you. If you have real interest in presenting in September 2020, start the process today. Enter in as much as you can about what you want to share with the community. The organizing team is here to help you make it happen and have fun doing it.

Need convincing, feel your work isn't good enough to share, or don't really know how things could possibly work for a virtual event?

Read on!

We have excellent professional support for this event from ConFreaks.
We have outstanding keynote speakers lined up.
We have numerous workshop proposals submitted from organizations you know and trust.

What do we need? You, sharing your work!

The barriers to participate at GRCon have never been lower. This gives us the best possible chance to raise expectations on what we can achieve with the event.

Traditional GRCon is expensive to attend. It's held during the work week in a US time zone. Virtual GRCon cannot replace everything we lose by not being able to have an in-person event, but we can make it radically affordable, inclusive, meaningful, and interactive for a large part of the globe.

I hear from many community members all year long that have doubts about their work being "good enough" to present at the conference. I want to make it clear that the conference team is here to help, support, and develop quality presentations, not just "review" and "judge" complete work. No, we can't do the engineering for you, but we can help you put your work in the best possible light with feedback and encouragement. That is, if you start now and submit your work.

Registration for presentation track is free. Workshop fee (covers all workshops) is $50. Students are completely free, including the workshops.

Register here: https://tickets.gnuradio.org/grcon20/

Questions? Comments? Want to volunteer? We need reviewers and people interested in gaining experience with running an online conference event. Write address@hidden or me directly.

Know someone that needs to know about GRCon20? Pass along the attached pdf.

-Michelle Thompson W5NYV
address@hidden