Logging not working in OOT module

From: John Langworthy
Subject: Logging not working in OOT module
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 18:17:22 +0100

Hi,

On my ubuntu desktop installation using GR 3.8.1.0, my OOT module happily sends its log output to the python console. Perfect.

My embedded ubuntu server installation, also GR 3.8.1.0, does not send log output to the console. Messages disappear, somewhere, and I do rather need them.

Both were built with log4cpp.

I followed the instructions at https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Logging and have included GrMiscUtils, but the function GR_LOGGING() isn’t in there.

The CMakeCache for the OOT finds log4cpp include and library, for both. Advanced properties are identical for both.

Its not a python stdout flushing issue, because I’ve tried to manully flush on a timer and run python with -u.

I cant see anything weird or different between installations in in gnuradio-runtime.conf or gr_log_default.conf.

I’m totally stuck.

Any help very greatly appreciated.

Thank you