Re: module 'gnuradio.digital.qam' has no attribute 'qam_mod'

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: module 'gnuradio.digital.qam' has no attribute 'qam_mod'
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 13:56:07 -0700

Hi Fabian - QAM was depreciated prior to version 3.7 of gnuradio. And depreciation usually implies it doesn't work properly.

-- Cinaed

On 6/5/20 12:00 PM, Fabian Schwartau wrote:
Hi everyone,
just added the gnuradio-releases ppa to my Ubuntu 18.04, made sure all
old gnuradio is gone and installed it again. Version is 3.8.1.0 (using
Python 3.6.9).
However, after fiddeling a bit I made a small flow graph using the QAM
modulator, but when I start it, I get:
AttributeError: module 'gnuradio.digital.qam' has no attribute 'qam_mod'
Doc says it should be there. Installation problem? libgnuradio-digital
is installed.

Flow graph and generated python files are attached.
Anyone any idea?

Best regards,
Fabian

PS: Why is there a copyright for 2016, I thought its 2020 and I guess
there have been changes this year already.
PPS: Why do I get 3.8.1.0 if there is only an rc-1 for that version? A
release candidate is not a release in my eyes, but what do I know. ;)