Re: Error trying to install gr-osmosdr

From: Vasil Velichkov
Subject: Re: Error trying to install gr-osmosdr
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 01:25:15 +0300

Hi Ellie,

Try building the master branch from http://git.osmocom.org/gr-osmosdr instead.
See also https://osmocom.org/projects/gr-osmosdr/wiki

> but when I tried to run
> "cmake .." in the build directory, the installation failed with the error
> message attached here as a text file. It looks to me like maybe there are
> some other packages I need to install, but if so, I'm a little curious why
> that wasn't mentioned in the installation instructions (not trying to
> criticize the instructions at all, just want to make sure I don't have some
> unique kind of problem going on).
>
> My GNU Radio version is 3.8.1.0, and I'm running it on Ubuntu version
> 18.04.4
How did you install gnuradio and do you have the gnuradio-dev package installed
on your system?

> CMake Warning (dev) at
> /home/ellie/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmake/data/share/cmake-3.17/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:272
>  (message):

How did you install cmake? It's a bit strange that the cmake macros are in
/home/ellie/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmake/data/share/cmake-3.17/Modules/.
 You may need to uninstall this cmake version and install one from
https://apt.kitware.com/

Regards,
Vasil